Now, I still haven’t run out of makeup backlog to post, but today as May closes, I can guiltlessly write about my ever-growing makeup wishlist because June means I turn a year older this month! I have exactly one month left at being in between a teenager and a full-fledged (LOL ASA) adult. As usual, there is no particular theme to this list, except for pure makeup lust and desire.
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Taupe. I actually already bought this, but lost it in less than two weeks in my own house. 😦 Browns seem to be making a comeback from the 90s, and this is the perfect transition color if you don’t want to go full-on brown just to be on trend. I don’t believe in jumping on the bandwagon immediately, or going from MAC Twig to MAC Double Shot overnight, so Taupe is a good introductory brownish shade to begin with. And it just looks so fresh. It’s one of those shades that makes you look clean and polished, without looking too made up and girly – a tendency I noticed with using nude-pinks.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. There is a big chance that this isn’t the first time I’m listing this item because I have been wanting this for as long as I can remember, and I still haven’t bought it because it’s so expensive HAHA but it’s so worth it though! I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing this palette through a fellow makeup artist and it’s every bit beautiful as I imagined it to be. It’s the absolute best highlighter I’ve seen – glow minus the shine, if that makes any sense to you at all. Since I’m always purchasing things on a budget, this is actually budget friendly considering it’s a palette, and we use highlighters so sparingly in this country climate anyway, it’s bound to last a while. Is it finally time for me to buy this? Is 21 the right age to buy something I’ve always wanted??? HUHU.
- MAC Lip Pencil in Spice. This is a classic, and will forever be on trend. There doesn’t seem to be a proper and worthy cheap dupe for this yet, and this shade is quite hard to come by in MAC stores here. If you find one, BUY IT (…and then give it to me hehe half JK).
- Purple Beauty Blender. I didn’t think the beauty blender could get any better… until they released a purple one. No difference really, it’s just purple. And that makes it so much more desirable 😦
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Blush in Bittersweet. When working with HD cameras for TV, violet/purple blush has the best register on camera because it appears pink. And this blush is about the most violet one I’ve come across, since it’s not really the most wearable color for everyday, face-to-face encounters. Now, I haven’t done any work for TV (YET!), but just in case I do in the (hopefully) near future, it would be nice to come prepared.
- Tom Ford Lip Color Matte in Ruby Rush. I have this shallow makeup dream of owning at least one lipstick from each luxury/designer makeup brand available. Why lipstick? Cause it’s usually the cheapest makeup product from these expensive brands lol. So far, I only have Guerlain and Chanel, and Tom Ford seems to be a good next step. I’m really biased towards a specific kind of red: the bright blue-red. To me, the perfect bright blue-red is Guerlain’s Rouge G in Garconne. This Tom Ford Ruby Rush reminds me a lot of that, and yes it might be ridiculous to get another expensive version, but it’s so pretty. CRY. Not to mention, I have all possible versions of it – NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl, MAC Ruby Woo, NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Plush Red, and the Guerlain. Di pa rin ako papa-awat. HAHA.
- Guerlain Rouge G L’Extrait in Avarice. Like I always say, no wishlist is a valid wishlist without Guerlain in it. Since browns on lips are in this season, have some expensive liquid lipstick c/o Guerlain. Looking at reviews, this looks like a liquid lipstick version of MAC Taupe.
By the way, I have an Ask.fm! I love how my old formspring used to be like a beauty column, and I’d love for my Ask.fm to be the same this time. Or, ask me anything I guess HAHA.
So, guess how old I’ll be by the end of June?