It’s that time of the year again when I would write down all of the things I wish I could afford to buy, say it to the wind, and hope that it’ll magically appear under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. Or any day, really, I’m not picky. Here are a few of my (potentially) favorite things. Join me in my joy and lust, and I hope this gives you ideas what to buy yourself for Christmas! 🙂
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. This is old news to the beauty community, and a fourth palette is probably already in the works. But I’ve never been one to really get on with beauty purchasing trends (I bought the Naked 1 two weeks before Naked 2 came out; it took me 1.5-2 years of contemplation before I bought my LORAC Pro 1), and for the longest time, I didn’t know how I would make that many shades of Rose Gold I could really use on myself and on my clients. And at last I see the light and beauty of using rose gold eyeshadow, and because everything comes with a price, this one will cost me $54.
- Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient Lighting Blush. The whole Hourgalss Ambient Lighting powder and blush collection is gorgeous, but I’m not too big on highlighting using shimmered powders ’cause of the climate here unless I can closely monitor the shine in, say, a photoshoot. The heat and humidity usually does the highlighting for me, whether I like it or not. I’m not too big on buying blush as well, but I’ve come to realize that I don’t have a nice peach-toned blush and peach blush works on most Filipino skin tones, and I find that it looks more fresh than the usual coral/pink. This one here has a slight highlight that comes with it, just the right amount to still go with the climate, I think.
- Bite Beauty Peche Matte Creme Lip Crayon. I find myself becoming less and less magnetized to lip products lately, which is perfectly fine considering I have around 30 lip products and honestly, I find myself only really using 5-6 of them on my clients and myself. What I don’t have a lot of, however, are lip pencils, which I don’t really need but don’t mind having.
- MAC Melba Blush. Like I said, I need a peach blush and this one is beautiful and since I can’t afford the Hourglass one, this one might actually be the only thing I can buy for myself this Christmas. I like that this one is matte, but still looks good when you put a highlighter on top. I used my TheBalm Mary-Louminizer on top of it once, but I think my NARS Orgasm would look good on top of this as well for an extra pop of color.
- Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation. There is no such thing as a makeup wishlist without Guerlain. Two months ago, I had the pleasure of being able to experience this beautiful creation thanks to a fellow MUA who did my makeup in a workshop. It felt way too nice on my skin and instantly made me look flawless. And it smelled nice. Not sure if it really smelled nice, or it was all in my head HAHA. I didn’t even bother checking the price of this online, because if the name is Parure GOLD, it’s probably worth a few gold bars.
Have a merry, pretty Christmas everybody! 🙂