For the past month, I’ve been thinking about going on the more colorful side of makeup – bright colored shadows, orange blush, neon lips – and just lately, after a few conversations with my good friend Gisella, I just can’t get it out of my mind so I burned a lot of time in my favorite makeup blog Temptalia in search for the prettiest colors. I figured that I’m only going to be able to really wear bright colors while I’m still young but then again, makeup is a luxury I can’t always afford but it can’t hurt to list them down just in case, right?
Orange Blush – When I saw the effect of Cha Cha Tint on me, I’ve been contemplating on buying a nice orange powder blush to set it with. I found a nice shade of orange-salmon in my Catwalk Cosmetics palette but I’d really like to expand my collection.
- NARS Exhibit A Blush – a fiery orange I still don’t have the guts to wear but I’d love to have anyway.
- NARS Taj Mahal Blush – Vibrant orange with gold sheen. I love highlight on my cheeks so this seems more like a color I’d really wear in real life.
- MAC My Highland Honey Blush – a peach-orange blush I’d really wear if I owned it. It’s definitely the most tame among the three but hey, everyone’s gotta start small, right?
Neon/Bright Lips – For me, the easiest way to change up and experiment is playing lip colors since you just have to swipe them on and they can take your look from wild to mild. In my case, I have to take into consideration my lip shape since they’re on the thicker side but small in width. Like I’ve mentioned in my previous posts, I’ve never really been able to veer away from red since it’s the most advised lip color for my lip shape but where’s the fun in sticking by the book?
- Illamasqua Intense Gloss in Mistress
- Illamasqua Intense Gloss in Follow – it’s not so hard to see that this is so bright it’s almost blinding, right? I love it.
- MAC Lipstick in Neon Orange
- VS in Be Mine – A more tame shade but beautiful nonetheless.
Bright Eyes – There’s nothing more daring than beautifully blending bright colors together to make a real statement and attracting much attention. Aside from experiments and my photoshoot with CADs Jazz, I’ve never really worn bright colors even if I wanted to. The brightest I’ve gone with my eyes are putting a thin line on top of my black liner. If only it was normal to traipse around the halls of the Ateneo with hot pink eyes.
- Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow #430
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #11 – Gold
- MAC Eyeshadow in Rule
- MAC Pigment in Magenta Madness
- OCC Pigments in Turquoise.
- OCC Pigments in Magenta
- Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow #26
- Bare Escentuals Flash Back Duo
- NARS Eyeshadow in Rated R
If there’s any way at all to have all of these when I wake up tomorrow morning or, okay fine, maybe Christmas morning, life would be so good.
All photos from my favorite Temptalia