So this doesn’t technically count as a tip but here are my favorite makeup choices.
1. NARS Blush in Orgasm – there’s a reason why it’s a cult favorite. It’s a versatile shade of coral-pink that works on fair, medium and dark skin tones; I would know ’cause when I don’t know what color to use on someone, this is my go to blush and it works every single time. Personally, I really like this because it not only gives you a nice blush but also highlight. Back when I didn’t know how to use and own any highlighters, I just really loved the effect of this blush on my inadequate cheek bones. It’s also quite sheer so even if it looks really bright on the pan, you can choose to build it up.
2. MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lauper lipstick – when I’m not completely feeling too daring with my makeup, I reach out for this lipstick. Despite its berry-red appearance, it’s actually near my natural lip color since my lips are really pigmented. It’s a lustre so it’s slightly glossy with an initial medium coverage so it can go from light to thick.
3. MAC Viva Glam I – my favorite red lipstick thus far. It’s a matte finish that doesn’t look or feel dry nor tacky. Since it’s a matte lipstick, I can easily put clear gloss on top and it’ll change everything. It’s very very pigmented so one full swipe would do so when I just need a touch of it, I just dab it and smack my lips together.
4. L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – if there’s any makeup I don’t particularly invest in, it’s mascara because it has a suggested self-life of only three months so I’m not so keen on spending so much on mascara. I adore this waterproof mascara cause its really heavy-duty waterproof. I used this during the UAAP opening which had to happen under the mad pouring rain, and it didn’t smudge one bit. I also like how this doesn’t make my lashes clump like most mascaras.
5. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack – this gel liner is absolutely magical in texture, pigmentation and lasting power. Gel liner usually dries out and when it does, it flakes away and looks horrible but this doesn’t even move unless you use makeup remover. It’s a breeze to use cause it glides on the skin and with just one glide, it’s already really black. It’s a teeny tiny pot but that’s cause a little goes a really long way.
6. theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer – see full review here
7. Kat Von D Ludwig Palette – this is my go-to palette for any occasion – formal, party, casual, natural, etc. I absolutely love the three right-most shadows – shimmery copper, shimmery bronze and matte brown. The shimmery copper is a great crease color for light makeup, the shimmery bronze is my favorite eye shadow of all time (just look at that!) and I love the shade of the matte brown – it doesn’t look dirty nor does it seem to have a strong hint of red. I always use the matte brown for filling in my eyebrows too. Aside from those three, I also use the two before the favorite three for base and the matte black is just a true matte black. In general, I really love my Kat Von D palettes cause the color payoff is amazing, the texture is slightly buttery and definitely not chalky and all of them blend really easily.
8. Shu Uemura eyelash curler – this needs no explanation. There’s a reason why all magazines and professionals use this.
9. Benefit ChaCha Tint – the only lip and cheek tint that works on my skin. I love the uniqueness of this color cause most tints are red, pink or purpe but this is ‘mango’! Whenever I use this, people say I look glowing, and not the kind of glow that looks fake. I find it a little harder to blend than most cause it’s quite thick (i’m going to assume that its cause it’s packed with a whole lot of color) and cause I’m not very well acquainted with using liquid tints just yet.
Here are some looks that I wore these products