Lately, the pangs of loneliness has gradually become louder, more pronounced and harder to brush off. I partly blame the K-drama My Princess for doing this to me because I wouldn’t be reminded of my loneliness had it not been for the extreme sweetness I realized I’ve been missing for so long. Honestly, this summer has been really good to me. I had my first out of town trip with my friends, I’ve been really productive in the gym and in makeup school, I got to leave the country with my family, did a lot of shopping, and a whole lot more. For the normal hours of the days, my mind is kind to me. But on the nocturnal hours wherein I have no one to talk to, no one to share my thoughts to, my mind goes wild and the loneliness I try to avoid for the most part of the days kicks in.
To tame the wild mind, I inject soothing music into my soul through my ears while I curl up into a ball in my fluffy blanket because the airconditioning is always too cold. Here are the songs that calm me down and eventually bring my insomniac self to sleep with its soothing vocals and slow, steady beats. You may notice that some of them have already been mentioned in my old #nowplaying lists.
- Sweet Disposition – Temper Trap
- A Love That Will Last – Renee Olstead
- Fix You – Coldplay
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Home – Michael Buble
- Y.O.U – SHINee
- Quasimodo – SHINee
- Reaching – Jason Reeves
- Gotten – Adam Levine ft. Slash (my favorite)
- Use Somebody – Pixie Lott. I actually like the Kings of Leon version better but this is easier to fall asleep to
- Sunday – Bloc Party
- Save Your Goodbye – Mike Posner
- Please Don’t Go – Mike Posner
- Lovesong – Adele
- Goodbye – Ke$ha
- Slow Dancing In A Burning Room – John Mayer. I have two versions of this, one with acoustic guitars and one with electric. Both sexy, both perfect.
- Steppin’ Out – Kaskade
- Like We Used To (Piano Version) – A Rocket To The Moon
- True – Ryan Cabrera
- Long Distance – Bruno Mars
Wow, that was longer than I expected. So if you’re reading this the moment this goes up, I hope that you get some sleep tonight – with or without the help of these songs. I unfortunately slept in the car on the way home tonight and am wiiiiide awake so I’ll just catch up on some Dramione with Linked. Or you could also keep me company via Formspring, just hit me up!
PS Enclosed is a gif of Mario Maurer looking all lonely yet so very yummy and adorable. I love you.