#makeup: Bettina Esguerra

Freak of the Night: Bettina Esguerra

During our year-end concert, EXTANT, I was given the pleasure to do a lot people’s makeup. Actually, the concert felt like 90% doing makeup and the other 10% was left to dancing. I don’t even have any backstage shots because I was always in the dressing room doing someone’s makeup.

Betsy was just really after a strong black eye that was sharp and ‘freaky’ and this was the best I could do with the time constraints. Nonetheless, I’m happy with the outcome. I would have wanted to do her whole face but I only had time to do her eyes.

Important materials used for her eyes:

  • True Romance Eyeshadow Palette – Ludwig: Lucifer (Matte Charcoal Black) LOTS OF IT.
  • MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (Thanks, Nadine!)

Tips for making a really dark eye

  • A little bit of water goes a really really really long way
  • The top coat of shadow should be dry though, so it won’t just run down.
  • Since it’s a sharp look, draw the shape you’re after before hand and just fill it in.
  • Do NOT forget to prime eyes beforehand otherwise the makeup won’t stick and won’t last long.

Still waiting for a picture of Ron’s faun look though. Really praying that someone took it, that’s like my masterpiece.

To close this, congratulations with college, Betsy! I know you’ll do great with whatever you’re going to do after graduation! Please keep dancing, I voted you for Best Streeter Female in the CADs awards. Am I allowed to reveal that already? Thank you for letting me do your makeup! 🙂

I bid you adieu, I have a 5 kilometer run in a less than 3 hours and I should really get some sleep.

Nicole x

P.S. Hi Carl, at the back of the picture.

Photo credit: Anton Del Rosario

Advertisements
This entry was posted in #makeup, Makeup and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to #makeup: Bettina Esguerra

  1. BetsyGirl says:

    Thank you for the make-up, the lovely message and the nomination, Nix! 🙂
    And yes, I will continue dancing. I love it too much to let it go. 🙂

  2. marialeonila says:

    uuy. make-up blog! haha
    are u the next michelle phan?!

    • whatisnix says:

      HAHA deins! I’m a hybrid blogger! It just so happens that I haven’t tasted anything good enough to post under Worth The Weight! Or anything remotely interesting next to makeup. But why not coconut! HAHAHA Can’t wait to get my certificate for makeup!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s