During our year-end concert, EXTANT, I was given the pleasure to do a lot people’s makeup. Actually, the concert felt like 90% doing makeup and the other 10% was left to dancing. I don’t even have any backstage shots because I was always in the dressing room doing someone’s makeup.
Betsy was just really after a strong black eye that was sharp and ‘freaky’ and this was the best I could do with the time constraints. Nonetheless, I’m happy with the outcome. I would have wanted to do her whole face but I only had time to do her eyes.
Important materials used for her eyes:
- True Romance Eyeshadow Palette – Ludwig: Lucifer (Matte Charcoal Black) LOTS OF IT.
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (Thanks, Nadine!)
Tips for making a really dark eye
- A little bit of water goes a really really really long way
- The top coat of shadow should be dry though, so it won’t just run down.
- Since it’s a sharp look, draw the shape you’re after before hand and just fill it in.
- Do NOT forget to prime eyes beforehand otherwise the makeup won’t stick and won’t last long.
Still waiting for a picture of Ron’s faun look though. Really praying that someone took it, that’s like my masterpiece.
To close this, congratulations with college, Betsy! I know you’ll do great with whatever you’re going to do after graduation! Please keep dancing, I voted you for Best Streeter Female in the CADs awards. Am I allowed to reveal that already? Thank you for letting me do your makeup! 🙂
I bid you adieu, I have a 5 kilometer run in a less than 3 hours and I should really get some sleep.
P.S. Hi Carl, at the back of the picture.
Photo credit: Anton Del Rosario